If you stick a knife in my back nine inches and pull it out six inches, there’s no progress. If you pull it all the way out that’s not progress. Progress is healing the wound that the blow made. And they haven’t even pulled the knife out much less heal the wound. They won’t even admit the knife is there.– Malcolm X (via gang0fwolves) Via ▲ zombie mami ▼
"Malcolm X" by Cecile Emeke
- Malcolm “Little” had a traumatic child hood including everything from abuse/harassment from the KKK, his father’s murder being declared as suicide, being taken away from his mother who was put into a mental institution, to being separated from his siblings and orphaned.
- Malcolm X has been a tremendously influential voice in the critique of white, imperialist, capitalist structures and is most known and loved for his unwavering honesty and accuracy in his criticisms.
- Malcolm X had a huge global impact from everywhere from harlem, to london, to legon, to mecca.
- The FBI’s illegal and unconstitutional Counter Intelligence Program (COINTELPRO) worked to create the circumstances that led to Malcolm’s assassination in 1965, as well as the death of many of leaders other organisations fighting for rights in America.
- The US gov has still not released the files related to the assassination of Malcolm X.
- None of the three men convicted of killing Malcolm X served life sentences for the assassination. Two of the men were released from prison in the 1980s, serving less time than Marissa Alexander who fired a warning shot with a legally owned gun in self defense. The third was paroled in 2010.
- Malcolm X’s character has consistently been defamed to this day, often being labelled as “violent”, “racist”, “extreme” and has been demonised in comparison to other black leaders.
Why is Malcolm’s story important?
- Like every story there are a hundred reasons why, but Malcolm’s story not only highlights the systematic, institutionalised oppression for black people in America and globally…
- But also his story illustrates the systematic attempt to destroy all leaders who get close to achieving freedom for others.
- His story highlights the deliberate attempt of the US government to be complicit in assassiantions and cover up of the truth.
- His story is also another case highlighting the effects of COINTELPRO.
Though Malcolm is a figure that is very well known, the truth of his story is often not well known in mainstream circles. Sign this petition requesting the US gov to release files on Malcolm.
When you keep pumping into the minds of black folks that we were Slaves and that we should be “happy” for any treatment or accomplishment above what the slaves had you are conditioning them to think as “free slaves” not as human beings but “FREE SLAVES”.
Everything that Europe/America have AFRICANS HAD ALREADY DONE. MOST of the things here have been STOLEN from Africans or plagiarized from people of the African Diaspora. They steal your shit and then tell you to be grateful to have any parts of it. Africans were the first scientists, doctors, athletes, engineers, created the first spiritual systems, and Medicine. What Africa Made the world took…
Black people should we be overjoyed that one of us graduated from some ALL-White University and was the “first” one? Are we second-class humans? We should be working on having our OWN systems, schools, and businesses. What we have now is an ”illusion of inclusion”. Show me something that no human has ever done then I will be proud. Show me an invention that no one has came up with then I will be proud. Don’t tell me I should be “happy”” because the first “black” actor was nominated. Or First “black” President. We are not competing only with ourselves we are competing with ALL humans. The majority of us have got to learn our history and why it applies to the condition we are in today. They brainwashed you. Africa has a rich history. Peace
Post made by @Solar_innerG